Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:33:14 +0000

>I am reminded of a campaign that Tylenol had for a long time (and maybe they
>still do, I just don't watch television anymore)... they used to show babies
>in a nursery and then make some comment about "It's the brand hospitals
>choose most often."

Good point. In the UK, Johnson&Johnson advertise their baby bath
lotions and potions by saying 'nine out 10 midwives say they use this
product'.....so it's a common ruse. This is why using a tape measure
with a brand of formula milk on it to measure the baby's head is not
acceptable. Use of a branded product implies approval of the brand.

That's why the manufacturers put their logo on it.

It's not 'cos they worry about the size of babies' heads, that's for sure.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, tutor, UK