From:
G&M Hoppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 14:15:59 -0400
The doctors in our PCAP clinic do not do tubals immediately after delivery
due to a higher failure rate for the surgery. I do not have the literature
references to back this up.

As to not trusting women to schedule the surgery at a later time, in the
Medicaid population, many of the individuals are not focused toward
preventive care. Because they have grown up with the concept that you have a
baby and welfare provides for you and your children, they don't practice
alot of soul-searching as to whether it is financially or emotionally
feasible to to continue to have children, it just happens to them. In these
cases, it would be better if we could offer them the surgery while they are
in the hospital, to decrease their own life stress, as well as the cost to
the system.

Michelle Hoppe