From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:13:59 -0800
I have somone asking for help as his friend doesnt'
plan to breastfeed, wants the "dry up shot" and an
elective c-section.  He has taken the route of giving
her data on why she should breastfeed, but all the
data in the  world won't impact someone who just
doesnt' want to put the baby to the breast.   I want
to be able to provide more for him than just letting
him know that logic probably won't work in this case.

we have talked here recently about the emotional
appeals that the formula companies use in advertising.
 Is there a book or essay on breastfeeding that offers
a similar message?  I have a site "Breastfeeding is
just not for me!" at
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/notforme.html  that
attempts to do this in a small way,  but it's probably
not adequate.  Any other ideas?  Gems hidden in
otherwise mainstream appearing books?

WRT my website, if any of you could add to the "yuck,
breastfeed?!" page or have clients who can, I would
love to add their stories.

kate