From:
"Helen M. Woodman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:16:07 EST
Barbara,

I am going to try and really take to heart what you have said in the whole of
your post, the following lines have really struck home to me.  I have become
'a whinger' of late and I don't like this side of me and it has taken over how
I have been acting when in company with other breastfeeding pro colleagues.
I have become cynical and taking advantage of an audience to tell 'the one
better (more awful) story'. Thank you for reminding me.

<<It isn't up to me to make you behave the same way I do.  It's just up to me
 to set a good example of how a person behaves who wants to help mothers
 breastfeed.  It's just up to me to understand how it works as best I can,
 and to represent my profession as  ethically as I can.  If we pay sufficient
 attention to what we are doing, we'll spend less time being pointlessly
 frustrated over how the rest of them aren't doing right. >>

kindest regards,
Helen Woodman, who had the pleasure of attending LCGB's 5th Annual Conference
at Reading, UK, on Saturday, where Tom Hale was Guest Speaker - I thought he
was great and I look forward to the day when other branches of HCPs here in UK
invite him to speak.