From:
Cathy Liles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:04:16 -0600
I spoke to the baby's dad last night. They called the pediatrician's office
and asked to be seen after our visit. They were initially told to keep
their Friday appointment. They told the receptionist that the baby was
having difficulty breathing and they said bring him in now. The
pediatrician had my report describing my observations. He began by telling
the parents that I wasn't a doctor and was probably an alarmist
(grrr!) , he examined the baby and became alarmed. He thinks it may be a
genetic, neurologic problem and is running some tests today and then
sending
them to Cook in Fort Worth to see a geneticist and a pediatric neurologist.
He has told the parents that there is most likely something very seriously
wrong with their baby.I feel very relieved that the doctor now believes
there is a problem and is
doing something about it.  He says the baby has lost muscle tone since last
Thursday. He said the baby's lungs are clear and thinks the breathing
difficulty is due to the poor muscle tone. He is not, however, even
remotely concerned about the Kelly green poop (even after seeing a diaper.)
I am relieved that he is getting the care and attention he needs. Thanks
for your input. Cathy