From:
Sue Theriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:32:04 +0000
 Hi Kim,
This is my first time trying to post to the group - so I hope it works!
A group of like minded LCs and educators in Ottawa created a resource for local breastfeeding information and one part was for educators.  If you go on the website: ottawabreastfeeds.ca and look under resources - there is an educator section with a bunch of links to programs (from a variety of sources) from kindergarten through to secondary levels.  I don't think any are bilingual but it would be a good place to start.
Sue Thériault ValinBSc, IBCLCOttawa,ON Canada

I work in the community setting in New Brunswick in eastern Canada.

We are a Bilingual province ( English and French ) and have been given an opportunity to provide consultation to the Department of Education to help them design and meet outcomes related to Healthy Eating in their health classes .

This will be for grades 3-5. We of course will be starting with breastfeeding as the norm for our species etc etc etc.

We are need of good activities/strategies for this age group. I thought I would start here.

The only drawback is we need to have these materials in both English and French. If we find a great resource in English we will proceed with getting permission to translate into French.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much
Kim Scott RNBN  IBCLC
Miramichi NB Canada