From:
Anne Robb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:52:48 -0700
Hi Judy and others,
        I've heard about vanilla being soothing to babies since my days in
child development and psychology... many baby toys are scented vanilla for
this reason. But I learned to my dismay at the LLLI conference in talking to
a fellow attendee that a brand of nipples for use in hospital nurseries is
now scenting the nipples vanilla bc the imprint of the baby is then stronger
such that they will refuse all other nipples (ostensibly all other brands,
but we all know which other nipple is at stake here) --- marketing! the bane
of my existence.
Anne E. Robb, MAT, LLLL
Off on a Tangent, Oregon, USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]