From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 14:25:54 -0400
Good job Nikki on those slogans and etc. The formula ads make my blood
boil too!

BUT -- the word is on that street that breast is truly best, and it
can't hurt us to have the anti-BPA literature and all the recalls and
etc.

Meanwhile, we need to make breastfeeding just the normal thing that
people hang out and do....so that when moms imagine themselves feeding
their babies, they dream of holding their babies next to their breasts
and feeding them with their own equipment and their own milk.

And we need to make it as easy as possible for them to live the lives
they are called to - livin' life in the real world -- so barriers
don't make it impossible for them to reach their own breastfeeding
goals.

We have reached the tipping point on starting out breastfeeding. Now
lets make it to hospital discharge and then to ten days and
then...,.,you get the picture!

Dawn Kersula in Vermont, working on the first days today and musing
about how I managed to nurse two kids for over five years each (the
other prematurely weaned at age almost-3!)