From:
Lesley McBurney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:34:54 +1000
>Date:    Sun, 14 Sep 1997 18:31:23 -0500
>From:    Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Milk supply affected by menses
>
>I suspect that women whose menstrual periods return by 3-4 months postpartum
>are those who are nursing infrequently, using pacifiers, maybe using
>supplementary bottles.

When my periods returned after two months, I was definitely trying to feed
to a 3-hour schedule, but my daughter had stared sleeping though the night
by 6 weeks.
I fed my son ad libitum but he started to sleep through the night at 8 weeks
and my periods were back at 3 months.  I think sleeping throught eh nigh is
very significant.  Neither had dummies or bottles.  And both were night
waking again by 6 months.

Lesley McBurney
Brisbane, Australia
NMAA Breastfeeding Counsellor (Clayfield/Wilston Group, Qld)
Publications Revision & New Publications Working Groups
Admin Assistant, NMAA Qld Branch office
International Conference Registrations Committee