From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:10:12 +0200
For once, the timing was right and I have just spent an hour listening on
line to KVMR radio, with an excellent discussion of many of the issues
surrounding the delays and the changes in the Ad Council's campaign on BF.
Marsha Walker tells us that it will be going forward sometime this spring,
which means before the end of June.  Unfortunately it will be without
mention of the increased risks of diabetes and leukemia.
Arly had fabulous, powerful women on the air, and I am bursting with pride
that I know many of them from this amazing list, notably Katie Allison
Granju and of course Marsha.  I hope Arly will oblige the list by sending
the names of the two women from groups working to support and promote
breastfeeding in the African American community as well because I am not
sure enough of them to name them here.  Awesome.
Good job, Arly, and guests.  This broadcast gave me lots more material for
the journalist here who is interested in writing about the campaign and
about Fisher-Price's collusion with MeadJohnson. The story is planned for
Monday's paper.
Many thanks!
Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway