Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:47:22 EST
Judy comments:
*****************************
So...she has a pump that
was never used  by another mother,  but it's 3 years old. That is a long
time
for mold to have a  chance to  grow. I can't tell her that her yeast is due
to pump mold, but I did   tell her that the company only guarantees their
pumps for one year and  the  potential for mold growth over time, since
it's not
a closed  system and cannot  be cleaned,  is probably one of the reasons
why.

And the cynic in me is  thinking that this company has actually come up
with a fool-proof system of  making more money.  Make an open system in which
mold can grow, so that not  only should people not share pumps with one
another, BUT the mother should  actually buy a new one for each baby -- or
perhaps even every year if she pumps  longer than a year....Brilliant!  Absolutely
brilliant!!

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC,  FILCA
Wheaton  IL