From:
Darillyn Starr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:30:31 -0700
Paula,

I am not aware that I said because the problem shouldn't exist, we
should pretend it doesn't.  It is saying "Oh well, people are going to
do it anyway, so let's just try to make it less harmful instead of
trying to prevent it" that doesn't cut it with me.  That is exactly the
same thing as saying "Oh well, people are going to bottle feed anyway
so, instead of trying to educate them about breastfeeding, we'll just
have them bottle feed in an upright position so they won't have as many
ear infections."

Darillyn