Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:11:09 EDT
I haven't posted here in a long time although I enjoy reading LactNet. It
truly is my link to the world. I had another severe anaphlylaxic latex reaction
the last of July, with recurrent symptoms for 3 weeks.  And on top of that, I
am having shoulder surgery next week to repair tears that happend in my fall in
2002 which was undetected until now.  Anyway, to my story.
My daughter Stacy, her 13 month old son Hunter who is still nursing and my
husband and I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and got kicked out!! No, it
wasn't for nursing in public, it was because Hunter was barefoot!! We had carried
him in,  so Stacy could find Dr Jay's book on Nighttime Parenting or
co-sleeping. While she was looking for it, Dan set Hunter down in the play area to
play. The salesclerk came over and told us we were not allowed in the store
without shoes and we would have to leave. I was dumbstruck!  So we picked up Hunter
and left--and Stacy didn't even find the book.  I thought after we were
outside that she should have sit down and nursed right then just for a better
excuse to get kicked out of the store!
Barb Whitehead, BS, IBCLC, RLC
eastern NC