From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:44:52 +1100
JADE BLAMES JAGGER FOR WILD-CHILD YEARS
By HELEN McCABE in London
The Mercury, 11 February 2000

MICK Jagger's wild- child daughter Jade has accused her parents of treating
her like a mascot. During a seductive photo shoot for an American magazine,
Jade bitterly blamed her father and mother Bianca for her rebel years. She
claimed the celebrity couple were "non-parents" and her childhood was
disastrous.

In a tirade against her parents, the 28-year-old former model blamed her
mother's failure to breast-feed her as a baby for her feelings of
estrangement. She said that as a mother of two girls, Assisi, 6, and Amba,
3, she loved breast-feeding. "I woke up when I was breast-feeding my first
child thinking, 'How can a woman feel an attachment to a child without
breast-feeding?' " she said.

During the interview with Talk magazine, Jade reportedly smoked- a joint as
she complained about her miserable childhood. “Any psychologist would say I
wasn't fully satisfied with my family," she said. "Some people come from
such wonderful, close-knit families that they feel a desperate need to be
away from that-but I wanted to build up my own." She said of her childhood:
"I felt somewhat like a mascot. I was the only child.”

Photo caption - No satisfaction: Jade with mum Bianca Jagger