From:
Brandy Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2014 11:28:29 -0500
Earlier this year, I posted in Lactnet for some advice on dealing with a
creepy photographer who came to see me at work and gave me the willies
after being a vendor at our World Breastfeeding Week celebration.

This week, our regional online support group has blown up with reports of
this man's predatory behavior and unwanted advances, touched off by one
mom's report of explicit online sexual solicitations and harassment, which
she has reported to police.  Turns out this has happened to several mothers
in the area (Central Illinois), and there may now be an investigation under
way.

He and his wife work as a team in photography of all types, but seem to be
targeting women (and our nursing and pregnant moms in particular), posing
as breastfeeding and better birth advocates.  He then initiates contact
using his wife's Facebook account, and both overtly and subtly tries for an
opening, where he begins aggressively trying to encourage birth,
breastfeeding, 'boudoir' and nude photo sessions, offering to take moms
shopping for lingerie and then continuing to pursue them, sometimes in
person, always unwelcome.

From what I understand, he may have been operating in the Branson, MO area
prior to 2012 under another name.

I'm sending this for two reasons:
1. To warn all lactation professionals to watch out for this guy.  I can't
name names on here, but his business is operated as a partnership with his
wife.  We don't know if she's in on the exploitation end or not, but we
know that posing as her has been one of his ways to try and gain the trust
of these women.  He seems to jump ship when there's trouble, as his FB and
business pages have already come down from the 'net in just a couple days
of this community's discovery.  If he leaves and goes elsewhere, I want all
LACTNETTERs to be on the lookout.
2. As there may be a police investigation pending, I need anyone who feels
that any of this sounds familiar, please send me a private email reply.  I
will send you information on the officers to contact who are involved in
the investigation.

THanks for your attention...

Brandy J. Hansen, IBCLC
The Mobile LC