Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:23:07 -0500
I think this is correct.  Some mothers do report that the baby is
uncomfortable with increasing periods of not stooling.  It is not the rule,
rather the exception, but it occurs.

I think one way to manage would be to use a glycerine tip as a suppository
when the baby becomes uncomfortable.  This should not result in long term
problems even if used once a week.

In theory, I suppose that several (low fat feedings) say 10 minutes on each
side might make the baby go.  Never tried it.  Just thought of it.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC