Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 21:48:30 -0400
Hullo everyone. Just found you'll one week ago and am very, very happy that
I did because of all the information coming down to me.  I am a
paediatrician in solo private practice in Trinidad, West Indies and my wife
and I have been pro breastfeeding ever since our second daughter was born
in Baltimore on May 1, 1976, mainly due to a wonderful paediatrician called
David Paige and a magnificent midwife whose name I unfortunately have
forgotten, but who encouraged my wife to get up and walk around during
labour (against the wishes of the resident in Ob/Gyn) and went through the
delivery with us and put Samantha on the breast.  Since 1979, I have been
the medical adviser to the local breastfeeding group in Trinidad, TIBS or
The Informative Breastfeeding Society, founded by a local midwife, Marilyn
Stollmeyer,SRN, SCM, who are affiliated with the National Childbirth Trust
(Britain).  They are mainly responsible for the renewed interest in
breastfeeding in Trinidad & Tobago over the last fifteen years.  They are
not on the Net as yet but I am functioning as a "courier" of lactation news
for them for the time being as well as learning something new every day.
David Bratt (yep, that's my real surname), MD, MPH