From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:10:18 +1000
Renee,
This mum may benefit from talking to someone in a similar situation. Jenn
Connel had a bilateral mastectomy before she became pregnant with her sons.
Her way of dealing with this was to firstly seek funds to buy banked milk
and she then decided that she would use informally donated milk (which she
pasteurised). Jenn would at least understand how this mum feels and I am
sure she could be happy to talk to her. I know that some Lactnetters have
donated milk to her.
http://www.feedmybaby.com/
And of course, this mum can feed her baby at the breast and have all the
non-nutrititional impact of breastfeeding for both herself and her baby!!
Karleen Gribble
Australia

> Hello friends,
> I have met a mom who has had a 32 weeker and is in the NICU  currently.
Mom
> gave me permission to post.  She is 22 and at age 18  was diagnosed with
> ductus carcinoma insitu.  She had much of her milk ducts  removed.  She is
having a
> hard time because she wanted to breastfeed so  badly.  She obviously has
no
> ducts because she has made no milk  whatsoever.  She feels guilty because
her
> preemie is not getting breast  milk.  She asked about banked milk, but the
> neonatologist told her that it  wasn't "necessary" and that formula is
"just
> fine".  She still worries  about it not being best, but feels a bit
intimidated by
> the staff etc.   Baby just came off vent yesterday and is still unable to
eat
> by bottle.  I  am sure she is getting NG feedings.  Any suggestions?
Until