From:
Fleur Bickford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:17:39 -0500
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post (thanks to my daughter
wanting to help me type!), is that I'm not sure if either of my parents or
my sister are tongue-tied. My mom was however on medication during both her
pregnancies for her seizure disorder, and she has commented that both my
sister and I have issues with our eyes and teeth. I also have a mild seizure
disorder and had to stay on Dilantin throughout both of my pregnancies. My
son had glasses at age 5 for nearsightedness (as well as the issues with
tongue-tie and teeth), and my daughter is being monitored for some
astigmatism. I have wondered about whether the Dilantin played a role in the
tongue-tie. It will be interesting to see if my parents or sister are
tongue-tied.

Warmly,
Fleur Bickford BSc., RN, LLLL
Ontario, Canada

P.S. As an interesting aside, with both of my children, every time my milk
let down I felt like I was going to have an aura (my seizures are always
preceded by an aura). I never did, but it was unsettling until I got to used
to it, and realized that it was happening when my milk let down.