From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:08:47 -0500
I agree with Theresa.  A hospital or agency is only obligated to provide
info on correct formula mixing and feeding, covering sanitary points of
formula preparation and storage.  They are not obligated to provide parents
with "feel good" info for making a less than desirable choice to bottle
feed.  As someone else said, we don't provide info on the benefits of
smoking or not wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet.  I would imagine the
hospital's lawyers would have an interesting comment or 2 if the hospital
condones/promotes  bottle feeding in print :-)  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ