Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 07:09:10 -0400
 Hi All
Has anyone heard of a book called "The Contented Baby"?I think it's from
the UK & written by a nurse.One of my mums had it & apparently she has 5
friends who swear by it.Apparently its spreading like wild-fire through one
of our Early Childhood centres.I started to read it.It appears to be all
about getting the baby to sleep though the night from an early age &
CONTROL!She gets them to express a few times a day ,so they have some milk
for the last feed at night(although they can give formula-there's nothing
wrong with it you know,otherwise the authorities would of banned it-like
they have with smoking I guess!).They should give a bottle a day too.The
expressed milk is also stored & used for growth spurts.Lots of other gems
too.A must- read for you all(as long as you have no blood pressure
problems.)I will read the whole book ,but I would love to hear from anyone
who has read it or knows of it.Our jobs are hard enough !
Anne
Australia
ps thanks to all those who sent onfo on reading digests/subject
lines-Barb,Winnie & Karen....& those darn numbers which I am still working
on