From:
"Henry, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 10:19:40 -0800
Hello,

Another leader in town called me with this question recently.  She had
already referred the mother on to someone for more help and now we are
curious and want some information for ourselves if we ever get a question
like this again.

A mom called stating that because of something that happened she was
cleaning items with bleach.  After the 3rd round of cleaning she started
getting a headache from the bleach fumes.  She wondered if this would have
an effect on her breastmilk.  Since none of the references we had talked
about bleach in particular we sent her on.  We were wondering does any of
the chemicals from bleach when inhaled (thus giving the mom the headache -
that is if it didn't come from muscle tension from all the cleaning) get
into the milk?  If so, would it be enough to be of concern?

Just a question - but it may come in handy when dealing with other mothers.

Felicia Henry
Oxnard, CA