Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:49:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/98 5:42:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Some of the bottle feeding advocates in my hospital were jokingly telling
me they're starting a bottle feeding class.
 I told them to remeber to tell the parents to record the lot numbers incase
of a recall or class action. They asked me when was the last time either of
these happened?
 I said "I dont know, I'll find out" (hey a doctor said that and the sky didnt
fall in )
 Does anyone know? Im sure someone does.
 Marsha W sorry if I should have heard you say this before.
 -Rob >>

YEAH Rob!!!  Way to go....

One of the most recent recalls was here in Chicago a couple of years ago for
salmonella contamination.  In 1996, Alsoy concentrate was recalled because of
incorrect instructions on the can; January 1997, more than 67,000 cans of
Carnation Follow-up formula were recalled becasue the cans were produced under
unsanitary conditions and the formula was linked with GI disease.  that's just
a few.

Jan Barger, in sunny Wheaton where it is supposed to be 70 tomorrow!
http://www.bsccenter.org
http://www.babycenter.com