From:
BrehenyFam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:51:43 EST

Barbara Wilson-Clay
<< I rarely use the SNS, because it is complicated to use and  won't help with
 the baby who won't/can't latch, and is useless with the baby who is
 deliberately self-limiting intake (the hardest kind of situation I work
 with.) >>

I would be interested in knowing what are the signs you observe in this
behavior.  I've always felt that some infants do self-limit their feeds, but
have never been able to put a true handle on it.  Also what are some of the
techniques that you use to get the baby to not limit their feeding:  Good
latch, breast-compression, switching? Are there other techniques I need to
add, but have missed.

TIA
Denise Breheny, RN IBCLC
Fayetteville, NC