From:
Regina Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 11:30:53 -0400
In studying this week for this year's IBLCE exam I came across this in the
Riordan & Auerbach book, p. 546.  "A hospital with 3,000 deliveries each year
should have at least three full-time LC positions in order to avoid burnout
and get the job done...Most hospital lactation programs, based on the 1:1000
ratio, are woefully understaffed and only provide part-time service as a
result...."

Maybe this is where they get that figure from.  Not having any hospital-based
experience, I don't know how that figure plays out in reality.

Blessings,
Regina Roig-Lane, LLLL, B.S., startin' to get excited 'bout that exam!