From:
Spencer Joslin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:10:14 +0000
I have permission to post this from a member of the chat board "Working and Pumping" where I'm the community leader.  I'm hoping she has some legal recourse!  If you have suggestions on who to contact which I can pass on, feel free to email me directly at [log in to unmask]  Thanks in advance!
"I've never posted on this board before, but I need help and this seems like the perfect place to get it.
"My daughter was just born July 4th. I returned to work yesterday. However, I just got sent home from work a couple hours ago because I was pumping my breastmilk at work. I was told that the (female) CEO told my boss to send me home because "this is no place to pump breastmilk."
"I'm at work from 9a to 4:30p so that's far too long to go without pumping. If I don't pump, my supply will decrease, and I won't be able to feed my daughter. I don't know what I'm going to do. I want to breastfeed her so bad, but we also have bills to pay and I need my job. I can't believe they can tell me that I can't pump.
"In case anyone has any help or suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I live in Ohio, by the way, and I can't find any information online that states employers have to allow pumping :( "

--
E. Spencer Joslin-Montlick, MD