From:
Willow Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:17:18 -0700
We have been through this "what's in a name" issue before, but I admit I am still troubled by the abbreviation "BM" for breast milk.  Some have also argued [appropriately, I feel] that we shouldn't name the milk for its container - you don't shop for udder milk, do you?  Recently I read something that referred to this precious stuff as Human Milk, and used the abbreviation HM.  This is so obviously correct, and leaves no room for little snickers about the baby ingesting BM...  Why can't we make the switch?

Willow