From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 19:40:10 -0700
>Nestle company, pointing out that they were the same company (via
>ownership of Beechnut) that a few years back sold infant apple juice
>that was actually flavored sugar water.

At the time of the Alar scare (the pesticide residue on apples that we were
concerned about), the running joke among nutritionists was that the only
apple juice known to be free from Alar was Beech-Nut, because it was known
to be free from apple juice...

Arly in Northern Utah                [log in to unmask]
MS, CLE, IBCLC