Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 08:12:16 +0200
The same happened to me as happened with Huggins' booklet so i can only agree with
phyllis. My publisher sold the book to the formula company here, only not only did he include
the booklet in the kits, but he also changed the cover of my booklet (his original design thus no legal issue) and actually plastered the name and advertisement for the formula on it. Needless to say, I was furious and he just had no idea why I was so upset. The only good that came from it was that in spite of the source, thousands of moms were informed by this booklet how to get in touch with La Leche League, and all other assisting organisations and for years we were inundated with phone calls for help. Those companies have the $$$ and they are virtually the only ones who can afford to distribute our information on a wide scale.  Here it costs about $0.25 to include a pamphlet into those kits. Figure how much one needs to cover even the 140,000 births a year (here in Israel).  They did it for about 2 years or more!! BTW the same booklet that was not allowed to be given out within the walls of medical institutions (hospitals, clinics, Health Services) because of its content "possibly" not being suitable (i.e. not written by the ministry of health itself). But given the "stamp" of approval by formula company, was all of a sudden allowed and unchallenged!!!

doesn't that get ya'!

ellen shein, ibclc, Tel Aviv