Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 07:45:36 -0400
Johanna,

Here are some ideas for your mom:  1) if she is a Philadelphia city
resident send her to the Philadelphia WIC office - they used to and I
assume still do have lactina's for rent at low rates and that can be run on
a Powerpak battery.  2) What about a Pedalpump?  They are cheap, can double
pump, and use people power instead of expensive batteries. I have a couple
of them that I am currently lending out to people who want to try it and
give me feedback. 3) Check with the area pump rental stations, one of them
may be able to secure a grant for the first month and then charge a reduced
rate for subsequent months to help this mom out.  As most of us are aware
we are not in this for the money!

Hope this helps,

Lori Werrell, BA, IBCLC
Leonardtown MD  20650
I was a Philadelphia WIC peer counselor for a short time and a past
co-director of the Nursing Mother's Advisory Council based in Abington PA.