Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 00:59:29 +0530
This was a post from a mother on another list.  Breastfeeding after birth in
a hospital:

<<"If they are concerned about intake, then they can weigh the baby before
and after feedings.  It's not very accurate, but it will give them an idea.
I found that these amounts could be off by as much as an ounce.  When my son
was in the NICU, one prerequisite for nursing was that they had to measure
his intake through his NG (stomach) tube.

 So I would nurse the poor little guy, then they would yank the liquid out
of his stomach with a syringe and measure it (through the tube) and then put
it back.  We also did test weighings at the same time to get an idea of
accuracy, and they could be off by as much as an ounce.

I absolutely hated that part of his stay!!!  **sob*(*">>

Has anyone else ever heard of this practice?  Gloria Lemay, Vancouver BC

http://www.consciouswoman.org