Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:47:35 EST
Pat writes:

<< Have any of you noticed a correlation between oversupply and GER?  Almost
 all of the babies that I have worked with who have "real" GER  have been
 plagued with milk gushing out with let-down.  We begin (before the GER is
 diagnosed) with attempts at reduction in milk supply, but the GER steps in
 before we can make much of a change in the supply. >>

I have seen this sometimes too, but my working hypothesis is that the
oversupply is just aggravating an existing tendency.    Those babies prone to
GER are presumably therefore going to be more reactive to other oral insults
(like a firehose in the face), in contrast to those babies who just turn
their heads, take the spray in one ear, and then go inperturbably back to
nursing.

I'd be interested in others' experience and thinking here, too, though.

Elisheva Urbas
NYC