From:
Chris and Stacee Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:21:06 -0600
I just saw the Dr. Phil segment on wet nursing. I am not a Dr. Phil fan, but
I just got the email that he was talking about wet nursing on the show
today. The entire two minute conversation was completely and totally
negative about wet nursing, and breast feeding for that matter. The comments
about wet nursing (from Dr. Phil, a pediatrician, a ER doc, a OBGYN, and a
plastic surgeon) were, "this is so wrong on so many levels" (from the
pediatrician), "Eeeewwww" (Dr. Phil), "I was not breast fed, and now I am
glad" (Dr. Phil), "The babies could be getting diseases past through the
breast milk. Formula is a better option" (from the OBGYN). The went on and
on for a couple of minutes. There was not ONE positive comment or even
anyone "playing the devil's advocate."
Stacee Baker, RN