From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:55:36 EDT
Dear Friends:

Our competitors have muddied the dialogue by claiming that witholding free
samples is denying the freedom of both choice and of information/education to
mothers.

See Marsha Walker's posts on this in the past month.

It sounds like this website, Moms Freeding Freedom, reflects this new
approach.

Industry is working to turn the debate into,  "You don't want to deny
mothers' freedom now, do you?" when the actual issue is about giving free samples of
a product in a health care facility.

Reminds me of a situation at an elite private school where my older daughter
was in a class that had someone steal an exam and distribute it to students.
Turns out the boy that did it was of a minority, at the school on a
scholarship. He raised a fuss about being treated in a discriminatory manner and created
such havoc that he actually got away with the thievery.

Same tactic: Make a Loud Noise in Another Corner and stir up other emotions
and divert attention away from the real issue. Our competitors will do anything
to protect their bottom line.

warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
_http://www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com/_
(http://www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com/)
www.myspace/AdonicaLee