From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:18:16 -0500
"I like to tell moms that Mother Nature intended babies to be exclusively breastfed thru the 1st year (with introduction of solid foods in addition to breast milk at 6 months), no pumping, no bottles, cups, spoons, syringes, etc."

Aaugh, thank you, Pam!  That's exactly what made me uneasy after I sent my last post ("Don't use a bottle until you can view it as a nuisance.")  Part two of that is, *of course*, don't use the darn thing at all!  Most of the mothers who ask me are heading back to work when their babies are ridiculously young, though, and wonder whether breastfeeding will survive the introduction of a bottle.

Sadly, a fellow Leader took a call from a woman who was planning to put her baby in daycare even though she *wasn't* going back to work.  She thought that's just what you're supposed to do with a 6 week old baby.  Apparently she was pleased to learn that she didn't have to... but what have we come to that anyone would think that??

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY  USA
www.wiessinger.baka.com