Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:45:57 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
So, I have only posted 2 other times on Lactnet, and now it's 2 times in one day!  I am a speech pathologist and IBCLC specializing in infant feeding.  I am in private practice, but primarily work in a Feeding Clinic with other SLP's and OT's also specializing in feeding, and they have all been incredibly supportive of me working with my breastfed babies and their mommies.  I recently proposed purchasing a scale that we can use for pre and post weight checks, and they are interested in getting one for the clinic:). The scale I use now cannot be used for that purpose.   I know that there has been a lot of discussion on Lactnet about the pros and cons of doing test weighting and I am aware of its limitations.  I would not use it for all my babies that come in, but there are times when it can be very useful, especially in our clinic where we see babies with multiple medical issues, FTT, suck issues, and/or babies with feeding tubes.

Thanks for any suggestions.  If you feel more comfortable, you can email me privately to [log in to unmask]

Nina Isaac, MS, CCC-SLP, IBCLC, LLLL

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2