Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:37:07 -0400

Mirine wrote:
"I was recently informed by an allergist that I caused my child's eczema by
breastfeeding > 7 months.

He said this was proven in a study. I do recall seeing a study which
suggested those parameters but cannot locate the study.
I believe it is a few years old. Can anyone direct me to this study??"

Just wondering if he would tell a mother that her cesarean caused her baby's asthma? If her artificial
feeding caused her child's diabetes or ear infections or gastritis or food allergies or heart disease or
cancer? If her AF caused her own cancer?  Unbelievable! May I suggest you find another doctor?

As to the posts on eczema, I agree with the person who posted about homeopathy. IMO, eczema
is a symptom of a system far out of balance and topical treatments are pointless. Food allergies
need to be addressed and systemic healing needs to take place. I have often had mothers tell me
that they or their children had eczema due to environmental allergens and when I could convince
them to look at foods instead, the problem suddenly improved.

My youngest son had eczema that would flare only when he ingested soy and was healed using
homeopathy. He rarely eats soy, but when he does, he no longer has a response.

I also believe that we are seeing so many more children with atopy who are breastfed, even exclusively
due to both toxins in the environment and poor diets on the part of the mothers and often their children as
well. Breastfeeding cannot cure the damage done when a mother with a leaky gut breastfeeds her baby,
thus exposing him to allergens and gut damage as well. As I have said before, I never address food allergies
in an infant w/o addressing them in the mother. If a baby has allergies, chances are very good that the
mother does too.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC