From:
debbie farb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:09:38 -0400
I was also wondering what the consensus is on a mom feeding her healthy,
term newborn donor milk from her friend who has a toddler (so over one year
old milk). Obviously not ideal, since the milk composition has changed, but
thinking that this super mature milk would still be more appropriate than
formula?? The particular situation I'm thinking of involves an adoptive mom
who did not induce lactation feeding her adopted baby milk from a friend
who has a toddler instead of formula for baby's first few days of life.

Thanks,
Debbie Farb, RN, BSN, MPH, IBCLC