From:
Peggy Healy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 22:54:34 EDT
Greetings:

I am a lactation-consultant-to-be (trained but not yet certified), as well as
a trained post-partum doula.  I am working with a first time mom who has a
history of hypothyroidism.  She had some heart palpitations periodically
during her pregnancy that were attributed to her condition.  Her baby was
born two weeks ago, and since his birth, she has been experiencing the
palpitations a lot more.

She is wondering if there is a connection between breast feeding and these
symptoms.  I've read through what I can find, and haven't come across
anything that talks about this.  Does anyone have any information that I can
pass along to her?  She is going to see her endocrinologist tomorrow for a
blood draw, and possibly for a medication adjustment.  Sorry, but I do not
know what she is currently taking...

Thanks for your help.

Peggy Healy