From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:04:47 -0700
>How could we teach our young people to trust their bodies in the beginning,
I wonder?

Excellant question!  We can start wiht our own children - go against what we
were taught and show them that it is OK to trust yourself, listen to your
'gut', etc.

The hard part is making this an international education program type thing.
WIth the medical establishment wanting our business (and yet, somehow they
never have the time to see me when I really do need to go...) and other
companies promoting products that mask symptoms, etc...I don't know if it
will happen.  It is too convenient to be able to go to the store and pick up
a cold med (so you can still go to school or work or out on a date) rather
than stay home and let the illness do what it needs to do, get the rest you
need to get, etc...

Society is all for the "quick fix" - letting our bodies heal themselves
without tons of interventions is NOT what people are looking for...

Jay
still learning - but telling her moms to "Trust your Mother Heart" when it
comes to their babies...