Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:29:47 EDT
Liz,

You said:

<<(4)  IBLCE has announced it is severely curtailing its  awarding of CERPs
any commercial entity planning educational  conferences/lunch-and-learns.
Thus, IBCLCs may not earn any  CERPs.>>
*************************
Where can we read more about that?  I'd like to know the definition of  a
"commercial" entity.  There are many of us who teach lactation courses  and
sell books at our courses and are not 501c3.  We could be considered
"commercial" entities.

Also, I'm not really sure why you are stating that someone who is going to
a free conference sponsored and put on by a WHO-Code compliant company is
in a  conflict of interest situation.  (If the conference is "free", then in
essence the company paid for the person to attend).  Why would  one write a
snarky letter to the "Best for Babies" pump company who is  putting on a
conference?  Or the Gooeypaste Nipple Cream company if they  are putting on a
conference?  Or Jones & Bartlett?  Or Hale &  Hartmann?  Or ???

Guess I'm not quite getting it, Liz.  Maybe I'm just not computing  what
you said.

Where is the differentiation?  Is it in the 501c3 status vs a for  profit
entity?  Is it what the company sells?

Please help me  out here.  You can e-mail me privately if you'd rather.
Thanks!

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, FILCA
Lactation Education Consultants