From:
Tricia Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:18:49 -0800
It is so hard to assess without seeing the mom, but do you or does she
notice any blanching of the nipple after feeding? (It still does sound like
thrush, no patches in babies mouth, or diaper rash?).  I am thinking
vasospasm which can be quite painful and the pain can continue for quite
awhile after the baby has finished nursing. It sounds like she had a
allergic rxn to whatever she was using on her nipple. Perhaps a combo.
bacterial and yeast infection.  Jack Newman, MD may have insight:
www.breastfeedingonline.com. Tricia