Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:09:26 -0600
At 10:44 AM 3/26/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Quite right, Pat. I didn't mean to suggest that everything Chloe Fisher said
>was harmful.

Oh, I didn't think that for a minute.  My reply was "a touch" of cynicism.
Is their a "tongue in cheek" emoticon for e-mail?

>On the contrary, I think her "asymmetric" latch is wonderful,
>and too bad more people don't listen to that bit instead of the "no such
>thing as nipple confusion".

That was just my point.  As you said, "they" were eager to grab something
that said what they wanted to hear. "They" also didn't hear most of what
the AAP said in their 1998 position on breastfeeding. That has proven to be
one of the biggest cases of deafness that I have encountered in a long time.

I am waiting for that "breastfeeding becomes the norm again" time. Thanks
for mentioning it as a possibility.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, frustrated this week by problems that should never
have been.

Mailto:[log in to unmask]