From:
Tricia Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:54:45 EST
Hi:
I had a similar problem. Lasted eight years through two kids. Had it
ultrasounded 2x. Dr. felt it was harmless- one called it a dilated duct. Dr  would
not try needle aspiration, felt it contained solid like material that  could not
be removed by a needle. He wanted to do surgery at the  hospital and I didn't
want to for various reasons. Another said to leave it  alone. I chose to
leave it alone. It opened one day (years post weaning) and  dischange was like
thick milk, like plugged duct discharge I had in past.  For a while I noticed a
depression in that part of the nipple but eventually  sort of reshaped. I did
have pain with mine during nursing if the little one was  not far enough back
and after weaning if I brushed up against something. In  hindsight, I wish I
would have had it taken care of sooner. No pain now.

Tricia  Hunt,
IBCLC, LLL Leader, Nursing student, Mother to three  girls.