Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:54:57 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I am a fairly new lactation consultant (became an IBCLC last year)....I have come across a mom whom I think could benefit from domperidone....after trying all other ideas and persistent low milk supply....she brought this up to me to take domperidone but I am clueless about whether I should recommend it or how to help her get what she needs.  I've read it can only be from a compounding pharmacist...and if so, how do I go about getting a doc to write a script and/or a pharmacist to fill it....not to mention getting it paid for by insurance.  Also, will I "lose my IBCLC license" if I even suggest or encourage her to take this (assuming she can even get it in the US).  I'm just confused about the "hoopla" and "illegal vs. off label" use propoganda about domperidone in the US.  I want to help this mom but I don't want to get in trouble.....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Please email me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2