Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:07:40 -0800
With respect to starting vitamin D before leaving hospital and the fact that
it tastes terrible to lots of kids, I have a suggestion.
How many of you have heard of D drops?  www.ddrops.ca

I have no financial interest in this company nor do I know anyone who is on
its board of directors or what have you.  I do know that the person who
answers the phone calls there says she is an RN who participated in some of
the most recent leading studies and information on Vitamin D (lots of which
can be read up about on vitamindcouncil.org).  Conflict of interest on her
part?  Perhaps.  But the end product is fabulous IMO.  I use it for my son
(aged 6 months).

*one drop* is all that is needed to get the 400 IU recommended.  The drop is
tasteless (disolved in a vegetable oil base).  Infants have no trouble
taking it (Or mine doesn't!) and it can be given easily just by smearing
that one drop on your nipple before nursing.

I can't speak more highly of any supplement out there for infants in terms
of ease of dosing and flavour (and adults; they have a 1000 mg dose bottle
too; 1 drop=1000 IU).

Just hoping to pass on the information.  D drops is a canadian company but I
see on their website there is the possibility of buying it in the States
too.

Fio

--
Maman to Sandrine, 8.5, Nyssa 6, and Tristan, born 11 aug 2008.
"Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes

http://www.rabais-coupons.com pour des coupons virtuels