From:
julie taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:52:22 -0700
Sarah, Why not rent a Medela for a few days? You could also hand express.
  Julie Taylor
  RN IBCLC

Sarah Reece-Stremtan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Am sorry to post a personal request here but am not sure where else to
ask.... I *could* pretend this is a patient I'm trying to help out. :) I
still have to use an Ameda Elite to pump and supplement my little guy.
We're heading across the country to visit family in Salem Oregon later this
week and I've just realized after trying for a day that I can't maintain my
supply with my little electric pump or my manual (will work for the plane
trips, but that's about it).

When I called the company to ask about possible rentals out there, they did
not have ANYBODY listed as renting them in the entire state. Does anybody
out there by any chance know anything different or have one I could
rent/borrow/steal for our stay??? I just can't see taking this one along,
with all the luggage for the 4 of us for a 10 day stay or trying to wrestle
it as carry-on since I'll already have my baby and his apnea monitor
attached to me.

Thanks for any leads!
-Sarah Reece-Stremtan M.D. (anesthesiologist in training and mom to a
4-mo-old who's slowly getting the hang of breastfeeding)