From:
Esther Wiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 11:21:43 -0500
This one is for all the lurking and not so lurking
NICU nurses out there.
 I am about to rewrite the procedure on breastmilk, and have the nurses double check and sign etc, for breastmilk served. In the interest of keeping it
simple, so compliance will be better, it has led me to this question.
 Where are your refrigerators?, ours is down the hall, out of the nurserys, in the clean utility room. Besides taking a buddy with you to check the milk (please let's get real) we usually get what we need and put it in a bottle and bring it back to the nursery to use. No name or label on it. Just a label on the original bottle.
Any thoughts, suggestions, or.. how we handle this comments, would be greatly appreciated. I have kept all your comments on double checking and just need further thoughts on this.
 Private e-mails would be greatly appreciated.
Esther Wiles Rn, IBCLC from Michigan.