From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 09:58:46 -0400
Dear Lactnet Friends:

Jacqui, this is one of the best posts I have ever read! Thank you for that
sweet, sweet story.

Now here's a book: Nursing, from behind the Toddler's Eyes!

warmly,
Nikki Lee

> Date:    Wed, 30 May 2012 22:33:38 -0400
> From:    "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: what they think we do
>
> i've been on a hundred consults in my son's 4 1/2 yrs of life.
> i always nurse him before the separation of me going
> and make sure to tell him,
> "i'm going to help a mama breastfeed her baby."
>
> tonight he was too busy when i left
> and i got a querulous and tearful phone call
> on my way to the client's house.
>
> "mumma, i didn't get my mookies!"
> i promised to nurse him when i got home,
> wondering at his urgency -
> at 4 1/2, it's hardly a life or death matter anymore.
>
> as i told him i had to get off the phone, he begged,
> "PLEASE don't give that baby my mookies!"
>
> it hit me right in the middle of assessing the suck pattern
> of the baby that all this time when i've told him
> i'm going to help a mom breastfeed her baby...
> he has been thinking i'm really going to help a mom and *breastfeed her
> baby*! he thinks i go from house to house and wetnurse all the newborns!!
>
> when i got home, i laughingly asked him if this
> is what he has been thinking. he nodded solemnly
> and his 6 yo sister laughed at him and exclaimed,
> "mumma doesn't give them her milkies, silly,
> she tricks them with a nasty old finger to suck on instead!!"
>
> ~jacqui gruttadauria, bsw
> (near detroit, michigan & taking the ailing little booby hoarder to denver
> in july for admission to a specialty hospital - and wondering if there
> might be any fellow LNer's there that would be willing to offer backup
> housing to us for 2 wks should our other options fall through!)
>

> --
Nikki Lee RN, BSN, Mother of 2, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI, ANLC, CKC
craniosacral therapy practitioner
www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com