From:
"D.S. Dowe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:27:43 -0500
Hello,
I'm new to the list and forgive me if this has been covered before---
I received a call from a mom of a 10 1/2 month old.  Baby is eating
solids, accepting fluids from both bottle and cup when mom is at work,
and breastfeeding when mom is home.  Baby still awakens at night to
"snack."  The father of the baby (yes, this is a custody/visitation
issue) wants to take the baby overnight (approx 12 noon til 12 noon).
Mom feels this is too soon to have the baby separated from her and has
asked me for literature to document her case. Where might I find such
literature?

I am very ambivalent.   Part of me thinks, the mother is absolutely
correct and the baby should not be away from mom.  The other part of me
says, since the baby can be fed by other sources (I know this is not
ideal but neither is a divorce situation) the dad has the right to have
overnight visitation.

Can lactnet listers please help?  Thank you in advance.

Debbie
Connecticut